- Erev Shabbat Service – This evening, Friday 8th May – 6pm for a prompt 6:30pm start
Our usual short evening service is tonight. Meeting ID 899-668-970. Come any time from 6pm for a prompt start at 6:30, and the service will finish by 7:30pm. We will be using pages from Siddur Lev Chadash which you can get at this link or use your own copy at home. A chance to be with other Kehillah members at the end of another week, welcome in shabbat, sing, pray, make kiddush together. Stay as long as you like after the service is over.
- Cheder for 10-13 year olds tomorrow 1-2pm
Cheder will be online as usual tomorrow, Saturday 9th May 1pm-2pm. If your 10-13 year old is not yet attending and would like to, email Omar to find out more.
- Kehillah Newsletter for Spring 2020
The latest edition of our newsletter is now out! Big thanks to Joanne and Omar for the work involved in this, and of course to everyone who has contributed. If you have not opted for e-copy only, you should have received your copy through the post by now. Online copies of past and current newsletters are always available on the website under the “Join us” menu item, here.
Khelloh is our newest initiative for social closeness while physical distancing and it’s ready to launch! Our volunteers Jackie and Marilyn will pair up members who would like to take part with another member, to keep in touch on the phone. There is also a new private Khelloh Facebook group for sharing anything of interest and a WhatsApp group available for Kehillah members who would like to be part of Khelloh. Kehillah members can expect an email invitation coming to your inbox any day now!
- Liberal Judaism Biennial at Home – FREE – 22nd-24th May
Lockdown brings us a unique opportunity to experience in the comfort of our own homes some of what is on offer at the Liberal Judaism Biennial weekend, which is usually a residential at a hotel, at some expense. This year, the online event is free to anyone to attend, although you do have to register. Find out more and register to attend via the Liberal Judaism website here.
- Come Learn With Me: Resilience and Recovery – Explore Jewish texts for comfort and inspiration with Rabbi Danny Rich – next Thursday 14th May, 7-8:30pm
Come Learn With Me continues next Thursday evening 14th May, 7-8:30pm in the zoom room here. Meeting ID is 885-3082-3893. Next week’s session will be about the curious relationship of Rabbi Yose ben Chalafta and a certain Matron and a look at ‘God takes nothing from the world unless God puts something back into it’ (Midrash HaGadol). You can email Rabbi Danny to let him know you are coming and he will send you all the texts in advance. Next week’s texts are also available here.
- Kehillah North London events later in May
- Shabbat Morning Service 16th May, including cheder
- Havdalah gathering on 23rd May 9-10pm – Havdalah at 9:30pm
- Tikkun Leil Shavuot – where we will welcome our new leader Rabbi Leah Jordan for the first time on 28th May for an evening of learning.
- Jewish Film UK online for the lockdown
Lots of Jewish films available online. All Jewish Film UK short films are free to watch, with newer film priced competitively. You can watch films via the Jewish Film UK’s OnDemand portal on their website here.
- New Leo Baeck College booklet: Healing Prayers, Meditations and Sermons in the time of COVID-19
Rabbi Dr Charles Middleburgh of Leo Baeck College has produced a new booklet of recent contributions from a range of rabbis, student rabbis and others, available here.
- Regular dates with Rabbi Danny Rich
Tea With The Rabbi continues every Wednesday at 3pm. Meeting ID 840-9516-1772. Turn up, chat about this and that or delve into big ideas. Bring your own tea.
Rabbi Danny’s latest video message is available on the home page of our website here, along with some recent writings both from him and from Rabbi Leah Jordan. Also available from that page – this blog and our calendar, the most recent dvar Torah and the new edition of our newsletter.
You can also always find all of our planned events listed on our Google Calendar.