- Message from Cantor Tamara & our Chair Robin on COVID-19 / coronavirus
Please read Cantor Tamara & Robin’s message to our Kehillah on our home page here.
- Shabbat Evening Service – Tonight, Friday 13th March – From 6pm.
Please arrive from 6pm for a 6:30pm start. We will finish by around 7:30pm as usual.
- Adult Education – continues Tuesday 17th March – 7pm
Please book and pay by filling in our Adult Education booking form here (suggested donation per session £10).
This four-week block which runs every Tuesday until 24th March, is called “Trans-formations: The multiple genders of the Talmud”. As our society explores new and varied concepts of gender and transgender identity, this four-week course will introduce key texts in Rabbinic literature – the Tosefta and the Talmud – which discuss intersex, gender-indeterminate and gender-nonconforming bodies and their halachic status. What space do our texts create for trans, non-binary and queer people today?
These sessions will be lead by Rabbi Mark L. Solomon: Rabbi Solomon was born in Sydney, Australia and studied at the Lubavitcher Yeshivah Gedolah in Melbourne and Kfar Chabad in Israel. He came to Britain in 1988 to study at Jews’ College, London, the modern Orthodox seminary where he was ordained in 1991. Having left Orthodoxy and joined Liberal Judaism, Rabbi Solomon studied at Leo Baeck College, where he has taught since 1991, and is currently Senior Lecturer in Talmud, Rabbinics and Jewish philosophy. Rabbi Solomon is also an honorary rabbi of the Jewish Gay and Lesbian Group.
- Cantor Tamara’s final Shabbat morning service with us with farewell kiddush – Saturday 21st March
For Cantor Tamara’s final Shabbat morning service at Kehillah, members are encouraged to come along and communally lead our Shabbat service. Those who want to contribute should contact Cantor Tamara. There will also be a special farewell kiddush after the service. Further information to follow shortly.
- LJY Netzer Machaneh Aviv – Cancelled
It is with great sadness that we have decided that we will have to cancel Aviv due to the recent Coronavirus outbreak. We did not take this decision lightly, but based on the fact that the situation is projected to peak in April, Aviv didn’t seem like something we were able to safely go forward with.