Part time Cheder teacher
Location: Kehillah North London, Stoke Newington, London
Reports To: Rabbi and Education Officer
- 2 hours on Saturdays, twice a month during term time.
- Minimum 18 sessions per year, additional sessions may be negotiated in the future.
- Paid 1 hour prep time per session.
- Optional – festivals and high holy days, as agreed from time to time.
- Optional – supporting the development of a new inclusive Cheder curriculum for Liberal
Judaism (more info here: Kehillah North London)
Hourly Rate: Up to £22p.h. dependent on qualifications and experience, Self Employed.
Education Requirement: A good level of Hebrew, Jewish knowledge including: religious practices and philosophy, customs, traditions, culture and history (both ancient and modern).
Experience Requirement: Previous teaching or informal education experience with young people. Demonstrable creative approach to teaching.
Purpose of the Role: Design and delivery of Cheder classes for children attending Cheder aged 6-13 years in such a way that provides an educational, stimulating, enjoyable and safe environment.
This post is subject to receipt of an enhanced DBS check.
Apply: email a short cover letter and CV to email@example.com
Deadline: 31st July 2021