- Come Learn With Me: Resilience and Recovery – Explore Jewish texts for comfort and inspiration with Rabbi Danny rich – Tomorrow – Thursday 7th May, 7-8:30pm
Come Learn With Me continues with this new series on 7th-21st May, 7-8:30pm in the zoom room here. Meeting ID is 885-3082-3893. Classical Mishnah, medieval midrash, contemporary thought and our own reflections. The first session tomorrow will be on an introduction to the Talmudic tractate Ta’anit, with a close study of ‘A person should always be soft like a reed and not stiff like a cedar’ (Ta’anit 7a). You can email Rabbi Danny to let him know you are coming and he will send you all the texts in advance. This week’s texts are also available here.
- New Leo Baeck College booklet: Healing Prayers, Meditations and Sermons in the time of COVID-19
Rabbi Dr Charles Middleburgh of Leo Baeck College has produced a new booklet of recent contributions from a range of rabbis, student rabbis and others, available here.
- Jewish Film UK online for the lockdown
Lots of Jewish films available online. All Jewish Film UK short films are free to watch, with newer film priced competitively. You can watch films via the Jewish Film UK’s OnDemand portal on their website here.
- Weekly video message
Rabbi Danny Rich’s new video message is available to watch on our home page here. You will also find links to recent writings from Rabbi Danny and Rabbi Leah on our home page.
- Tea With The Rabbi – This afternoon – Wednesday 6th May – 3pm-4pm
Tea With The Rabbi continues every Wednesday at 3pm. Meeting ID 840-9516-1772. Turn up, chat about this and that or delve into big ideas. Bring your own tea.
- Erev Shabbat Service – this Friday 8th May – 6pm for a prompt 6:30pm start
Our usual short evening service led by Rabbi Danny Rich is this Friday. Meeting ID 899-668-970. Come any time from 6pm for a prompt start at 6:30, and the service will finish by 7:30pm. A chance to be with other Kehillah members at the end of another week, welcome in shabbat, sing, pray, make kiddush together. Stay as long as you like after the service is over.
- Later events in May
- Havdalah gathering on 23rd May 9-10pm – Havdalah at 9:30pm
- Tikkun Leil Shavuot – where we will welcome our new leader Rabbi Leah Jordan for the first time on 28th May for an evening of learning.
You can also always find all of our planned events listed on our Google Calendar.
Khelloh is our newest initiative for social closeness while physical distancing and it’s almost ready to launch! Our volunteers Jackie and Marilyn will pair up members who would like to take part with another member, to keep in touch on the phone. There is also a new private Khello Facebook group for sharing anything of interest and a WhatsApp group available for Kehillah members who would like to be part of Khello. Kehillah members can expect an email invitaion coming to your inbox soon!
- Liberal Judaism – Online LJ resources& events. Kehillah in LJ Today.
The latest edition of LJ Today is out online and available here. See page 6 for a picture of our communal Seder plate with webcam ready trained on it!
All sorts of resources are available on the LJ website and anyone who wants can register FREE for the LJ Biennial 22nd-24th May. Watch Rabbi Leah Jordan and Rabbi Danny Rich, both on the panel of the Hot Potatoes Pesach discussion on COVID-19 here. This evening, 6th May at 7pm see the next in the ‘Hot Potatoes’ series here, which is discussing ‘Is there a future for Liberal Zionism’.